It’s hard to believe that it is now over five months since we first posted about the Coronavirus and COVID-19. This past few months has been hard on all of us, and we have been adapting our services as best we can to keep everyone safe and healthy. These are our latest protocols to help us all stay safe .
- We are allowing our appointments into the hospital ONE at a time. We are disinfecting and sanitizing between each appointment, and frequently cleaning door handles, floors, chairs, etc. throughout the day.
- Only one person per family will be able to accompany the pet, no matter how many pets you bring, and only if you have not had any symptoms of illness in the previous two weeks, or been exposed to a COVID-19 positive person. (No children allowed, even with masks)
- Please continue to call us when you arrive, and we will come out to get you when it is time to come in.
- When we do have you come in, we require that you wear a mask for the entire visit. We will not be providing masks, so please bring your own. If you do not have a mask, we ask that you stay in your car and we will bring your pet into the clinic for the exam.
- We are also doing drop-off appointments, but only for existing clients. New clients need to be present (in the clinic or in your car in our parking lot) for your pet’s first visit.
- If you are coming in for medication refills, please stay in your car and call us when you arrive. We will come out to you. We can do payments over the phone if that helps. We are doing curbside visits only for medication pick ups, tech appointments (nail trims, anal glands, blood draws) or for brief rechecks.
- We have resumed surgeries, please call 480.774.6995 for details.
We appreciate your patience and ask that you continue to be patient with us as we do the very best we can in these difficult circumstances. As we adapt to the new COVID-19 normal, we hope to keep everyone healthy and safe.
Please call 480.774.6995 for details, or if you have any questions. Please note that we are currently booking out a couple weeks in advance for most appointments (due to having only one doctor and a decreased staff temporarily). We have also tweaked our hours – please see below for our new hours of business.
Monday: 8:30am – 5:30pm
Tuesday: 8:30am – 5:30pm; closed 12pm – 2pm. House calls by appointment all day.
Wednesday: 8:30am – 5:30pm
Thursday: 8:30am – 5:30pm; closed 12pm – 2pm. In clinic by appt. Limited house calls by appointment only for
existing clients/maintenance/long term illnesses.
Friday: 8:30am – 5:30pm
Saturday: House calls by appointment every other Saturday
We are now offering our normal mobile vet service again, including wellness appointments, on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Please call 480.774.6995 to schedule your appointment.
Please note that we are asking people about their health status, their exposure, and if they have any symptoms. We are wearing PPE (masks, gloves) to all visits, and if any of symptoms are present, we are only seeing their pets if absolutely necessary, staying minimum of 6 feet away, and preferably staying outside or in a garage, etc.
We appreciate your patience in these strange times; we will continue to provide the best care possible for your pet while maintaining the safety of our staff and clients during this pandemic.
As always, if you have any questions, contact us online or call Compassionate Animal Care at 480.774.6995
Dr. Lora Schelle
Leave a Reply