*** Update on COVID-19 and our Clinic Procedures ***
Due to daily changes in recommendations, we at Compassionate Animal Care are doing our best to follow CDC and AVMA guidelines, and to do our part to reduce the spread of Covid-19. As the situation changes daily, please watch for updates or call the clinic at 480.774.6995.
In continued efforts to follow State and Federal Orders, as well as do our best to take care of our patients, we are continuing to stay open with the following modifications and guidelines. We are, however, making adjustments as needed so please check back in for updates!
1. As an Essential Healthcare and Public Health Operation, we are continuing to remain open for our normal business hours with the exception of closure from 12-2pm daily.
2. Although we are open, we are restricted to curbside service. This applies to all medication pick-ups and veterinary appointments. No clients are being allowed into the building.
3. We are operating with limited staff so it may take longer for you to reach us by phone or for us to return your emails and voicemails. Rest assured we are doing our best to get back to everyone as quickly as we can. Thank you for your patience!
4. The only appointments that we are able to accommodate at this time are sick pet visits, emergencies, and initial vaccine series. We are temporarily suspending general well checks, annual exams, annual vaccines and elective surgeries. Elective surgeries being postponed includes spay, neuters, and dentals as well.
5. When you do arrive for an appointment, we ask that you call upon arrival. You will be asked to wait outside and a technician will come outside to get your pet, take any relevant information, and give you any updates. We will have you pay over the phone.
6. We do not yet have a date as to when we will resume all other appointments, but we will keep you posted! We may be able to resume a full schedule of appointments even before the other restrictions are lifted. We will do our best to post updates as they arise.
7. If you are having any symptoms of illness (fever, sore throat, runny nose, cough), or if you have known exposure to COVID-19, please reschedule your appointment. If your pet needs to be seen and the appointment cannot wait, please have someone who has not been in close contact with you bring your pet in to the clinic. If our staff is ill, they too will not be working and exposing our clients. We have to work together to stop the spread of this virus and protect those who are vulnerable.
(The above is borrowed from a colleague’s page, but we are all doing similar protocols to protect our clients and staff!)
Please note that we are still doing home visits. BUT, we are asking people about their health status, their exposure, and if they have any symptoms. We are wearing PPE (masks, gloves) to all visits, and if any of symptoms are present, we are only seeing their pets if absolutely necessary, staying minimum of 6 feet away, and preferably staying outside or in a garage, etc. Obviously, only sick, injured, or chronic illness patients are being seen – we are not providing any non-essential services – annual wellness, nail trims, etc.
We appreciate your patience in these strange times; we will continue to provide the best care possible for your pet while maintaining the safety of our staff and clients during this pandemic.
As always, if you have any questions, contact us online or call Compassionate Animal Care at 480.774.6995
Dr. Lora Schelle
Leave a Reply